Chef Barry Horton
The Ravens Restaurant at Stanford Inn
You can change this soufflé easily by adding your favorite vegetables into step 5. Enjoy experimenting with this dish!
8 ounces silken tofu
8 ounces package vegan cream cheese (TofuttiTM)
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons vegan butter
1 cup spinach (cooked)
1 cup leeks, minced
1 cup bell pepper, minced
1 cup zucchini, minced
1/4 cup canola oil
5 ounces ramekins
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place silken tofu, vegan cream cheese, cornstarch and butter into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
3. Fold in 1 cup cooked spinach. This is the soufflé base.
4. In a sauté pan, heat oil at medium heat. Add leeks and cook, stirring occasionally until light brown, 8-10 minutes.
5. Stir in peppers and zucchini and cook until tender, an additional 8-10 minutes.
6. In 5-ounce ramekins, place 2 ounces vegetables then top with 2 ounces (same here) with 2 ounces of your soufflé base.
Repeat for each of your ramekins.
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes until brown around the edges.